This is a completely new, full replacement roll cage kit for your Jeep Wrangler Unlimited LJ (2003 - 2006).
All the tubes are laser cut to length, notched and puzzled to fit together (some trimming may be required if your Jeep is not showroom perfect), you just need a welder to put it all together!
- Designed for maximum visibility and protection.
- Works with a factory hard tops (factory soft top requires optional door surround adapter kit).
- Does not require cutting of the dash and has clearance for both hard of soft doors, without rubbing.
- Head room and protection for back seat passengers!
- Made from .120" heavy wall 1-3/4" diameter D.O.M. (Drawn Over Mandrel) seamless tubing.
- Includes all new Laser Cut and CNC formed heavy duty brackets to mount the cage in your Jeep.
- Kit can be shipped to you by UPS in three boxes.
- All the tubes are mandrel bent and laser cut and notched to fit together like a giant puzzle.
- 2 grab handles are included (for front seat occupants).
- Includes everything pictured.
- Optional re-enforcement bars are available (see list below) for more protection.
- Includes the factory seat belt adapter bracket kit.
- Includes detailed installation instructions.
- This kit is sold un-welded and MIG or TIG welding is required by the end user (or qualified installer).
- This KIT requires complete removal of the stock roll bar (and most of the interior) for installation.
- The soft door surrounds and soft top frame will need to be modified to fit this cage properly.
- Due to the grab handle placement on the A-pillar, the corner of the sun visors will need to be trimmed to swing properly.
- If there is any chance you want an aluminum roof, it is MUCH more economical for shipping to order it with the cage.
Options for this Cage:
Factory Soft Top Adapter Kit to adapt the factory door surrounds to the GenRight cage.
Behind the Front Seat "X" bar kit (requires harness bar kit to be installed).
Universal Cage to Frame Tie-in kit (typically at the A-pillar).
C-Pillar Cage to Frame Tie In kit (designed specifically for the TJ & LJ).
Behind Rear Seat Bar (ties the two C-pillars together).
1/8" Thick Aluminum Roof (GRC-6210).
Rear Cargo Rack (ACC-1000).
Click on a picture to see larger more detailed images!
- Jeep LJ
We just finished installing this cage in our Silver Bullet LJ build that we put together for my dad. I knew safety was the one area we could not afford to compromise on. I am so impressed with the quality of this cage! It went together beautifully and allows us to run both the Hardtop and Bestop Supertop NX. If I do another LJ build, this is the first product I am buying. Well done Genright!
I run the Bestop Super Top NX (Frameless) Softop over the aluminum roof. It's the perfect combo hands down. I studied every single available cage for the LJ and I have to say GenRight is the only company that got their Load Paths and Nodes right. Buy once, buy this, do not compromise on safety.
At first I was hesitate to go with GenRight due to the cost. However, the shop that is doing my frame off rebuild is doing the same build on an LJ just like mine at the same time. The only difference is that mine is all GenRight from top to bottom and the other is all Poison Spyder. Side by side comparisons really make it stand out how much better and beefy the GenRight is from its competitors. This frame is very well thought out and looks exceptional.
First off, why wasn't this the first thing I bought..... It's literally the most important and one of the biggest purchases on my jeep and I hope to never use it. The install was absolutely simple... the notches with the tabs and slots all went together with zero modification. The lower stanchion on the a-pillar is badass because it ties into the rocker guard on the side and the bottom. Hands down the best designed cage on the market. I also opted to add the option tubes which make the back seat tight for my 4 year old in his carseat but I hopefully can upgrade the backseat for him soon. Buy American!