This is the 23 Gallon GenRight Crawler™ COMP Gas Tank to fit a Jeep Wrangler YJ (1987-1995).
It is specifically designed to allow for more clearance between the rear axle and the gas tank so you can lengthen your Jeep's wheelbase up to 7" of rear axle stretch with a Dana 44 and 6" of stretch with a Rock Jock 70!
Let's face it, if you are considering this model tank you are a pretty serious wheeler on 40's or bigger. You have big axles that need room and are focused on drive-line angles and crazy suspension travel. This heavy duty tank is trail proven and made for you!
Besides this production built gas tank is re-shaped to make more room under the Jeep so you can keep your rear cargo area and stretch your Jeep for incredible departure angles!
The assembly mounts in the factory location and is it designed to work with all your factory emissions equipment so you won't get any check engine lights or have computer issues.
- 1" more ground clearance than stock.
- Improved departure angle.
- 23 gallon fuel capacity!
- Makes more room for BIG aftermarket axles.
- Shape allows for 7" of rear wheelbase stretch with Dana 44, 6" with Dana 60/70.
- Mounts in stock tank location.
- Stock mounting location keeps center of gravity low.
- Accepts the stock Jeep fuel pump/sensor.
- 1/8" thick Aluminum alloy tank is TIG welded.
- Foam liner between tank & skid plate.
- New style 3/16" thick heavy duty steel skid plate (aluminum skid is an option).
- Assembled with stainless steel straps.
- Includes factory Mopar roll over / vent valves.
- Internal baffles reduce fuel movement and keep fuel near the pick up.
- All tanks are 100% pressure tested.
- Made in USA!
- Will NOT work with leaf springs.
- Your Jeep must be outfitted with outboard shocks and coilovers to install this model tank (RSM-1001).
- Because of shape and location changes, installation of this product WILL require changes to the last 24" of the exhaust tail pipe.
- To install this tank, requires a small (1") body lift (BDL-9200).
- Fits well with Currie brand Anti-Rock type rear sway bars.
- Due to the fact that this tank is pushed back 7", the installer will need to carefully pull the fuel line and electrical a little rearward to reconnect them to the fuel pump (not a problem there is plenty of length in the line to reach).
- We offer two other model gas tanks: the EXT 17 gal (GST-4002) model for up to 5" of stretch and the STD 20 gal (GST-4003) model for no stretch.
- Don't forget to add on our new fuel pump access plate, it will be the perfect time to install it while you are swapping the new tank in.
- This product WILL NOT deliver without a live person to sign for the delivery.
- Jeep YJ
It is so awesome that GenRight was able to make a gas tank to allow 7" of stretch and 3 more gallons! Works great and fit like a glove!